5 killed in Jos fresh attack
Five people were confirmed killed in a fresh attack by unknown gunmen at a village in Kuru, near Jos. The attack came barely 48 hours after the warring communities signed a peace pact to end the deadly attacks.
An eye witness said that the heavily armed attackers, who invaded the village on Thursday night, also injured eight others, while several houses were burnt.
The Plateau State Police Commissioner, Mr Abdularahman Akano, who confirmed the latest attack, no arest had been made.
Moses Dalyop, Chairman of the Jos South Local Government Area, declined comments. “We are in a meeting, I will call you later,” he said.
The latest attack is one of several attacks on some communities in Barkin Ladi, Riyom, Bassa, Mangu and Jos south Local Government Areas of Plateau.
It will be recalled that sscores of people have been killed by the unknown assailants.
On January 28 this year, men of the Special Task Force (STF), arrested 27 men who allegedly attacked and killed some villagers in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area.
The attacks are comming just two days after a peace accord was signed between Hausa-Fulani and Irigwe communities in Bassa, a pact analysts had said would signal an end to the violence.